Tuesday 23 July 2013

Tuesday 23rd July 2013


All is well on camp. The weather is warm but things carry on regardless. Apparently, the storm last night was quite spectacular, both in terms of downfall and theatre. The tents did what they are supposed to do and everyone enjoyed a peaceful night.

Today the boys spent some time building rafts and sailing them down the river and finished the day with a sing song around the camp fire.

Tomorrow we will be in Hereford and I'm sure that anxious parents will be waiting for anxious calls - you might have to excuse the boys if a swim and Subway comes first - though I am told that fried chicken is the meal  of choice on free days.

Personally, I will just be happy to be back down there, of course, the fact that I have lunch booked at the Castle Hotel makes it even more attractive! If you ever find yourself in Hereford, I recommend it for a very decent lunch!

SRM